A range of options including O.B.I.S.™ Identication System, RapID™ Systems & MicroBact™ range or individual biochemical reagents
- Four-hour aerobic incubation vs. 24-28 hours, for significantly quicker bacterial IDs and faster patient diagnosis
- One-step inoculation decreases preparation time, increases productivity
- Common procedure reduces material usage, saving time and money
- A full range of options to identify over 400 organisms
Latex tests and agglutinating sera for clearing or confirming presumptive positives with identification possible to genus, species or serotype level.
Agglutination testing solutions
the broadest range of tests available
Latex agglutination products employ tried and tested traditional microbiology techniques that have a place in the heart of your microbiology laboratory. The tests are simple, easy to use, reliable and accurate. We offer solutions for confirmation of these bacteria (photo on left side).
DrySpot™ E. coli O157 Latex Agglutination Test
The test is best used in conjunction with Sorbitol MacConkey Agar. E. coli O157:H7 strains do not ferment sorbitol and, therefore, give colorless colonies on this medium. The majority of E. coli isolates do ferment sorbitol and give characteristic pink colonies. Sorbitol MacConkey Agar should be used as the primary screen. Non-sorbitol fermenting colonies can then be tested with the latex reagents to determine whether the isolate belongs to the O157 serogroup and, therefore, a potential verotoxin-producing strain.
- Pre-dispensed reagents eliminate extra steps for faster time to result
- Room temperature storage for up to two years simplifies inventory
- Blue latex particles are sensitized with reactive (positive) and non-reactive (negative) antibodies and dried onto reaction cards for convenience
Staphaurex™ Plus Latex Agglutination Test
- A qualitative latex slide agglutination test for the differentiation of Staphylococcus aureus from other Staphylococcus species isolates grown on agar by the detection of clumping factor and Protein A and/or surface antigens specific to Staphylococcus aureus. Used in a diagnostic workflow to aid clinicians in treatment options for patients suspected of having bacterial infections. The device is not automated, is for professional use only and is not a companion diagnostic.
Salmonella Test Kit using Latex Agglutination
- The Salmonella Test Kit is particularly suited to screening cultures due to the high predictive value of a negative result. When screening clinical specimens, these features enable decisions on appropriate patient management to be taken sooner. The kit is also ideal for screening samples in the food industry where prompt results minimize the delay associated with routine testing for Salmonella spp. contamination.
- Rapid—results in two minutes
- Simple—easy to implement
- Visual—easy-to-read results
- Sensitive—use of latex technology makes this test more sensitive and allows identification of Salmonella spp. at least 24 hours earlier than the traditional
TOXIN DETECTION KIT
QuickBag™ Half Fraser Broth
Shorten your workflow with QuickBag UVM1 Broth. QuickBag Enrichment Media is quick, easy-to-prepare, and highly adaptable to laboratory workflows and automated equipment, such as dilutors. No further supplementation is required.
The irradiated medium is supplied in transparent plastic bags—simply pop the seal to mix the water and medium segments to reconstitute in two minutes.
TaqMan and RapidFinder™ Real-Time PCR assays for identification beyond genus and species level, e.g. specific Salmonella serovars and STEC O-groups
RapidFinder™ STEC Screening Assay
The RapidFinder STEC Detection Workflow is intended for use by microbiological analysts who need to test for STEC in beef samples. Combined with the Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast RT-PCR System, RapidFinder STEC screening and confirmation assays provide a comprehensive solution for rapid detection, identification, and confirmation of Big 6 STECs and E. coli 0157:H7 to meet importation and exportation requirements for the beef industry.
RapidFinder™ Poultry ID Kit
The RapidFinder™ Poultry ID Kit enables the simple and reliable detection of poultry meat in food and feed samples.
The method works by detection of avian DNA, including DNA from chicken, turkey, duck, ostrich, goose, and other birds, by real-time PCR.
Unlike ELISA based methods, when used with the GMO Extraction Kit (Cat. No. 4466336) for sample preparation, the RapidFinder™ Poultry ID Kit detects both raw and processed poultry meat and provides sensitivity down to 0.01% poultry DNA.
The included positive control in the kit, which comprises 0.1% poultry DNA, can be used as a reference to set the threshold of detection of the assay.
Atmosphere Generation System
This novel method differs from others commonly used in that the reaction proceeds with no evolution of hydrogen, and therefore, does not require a catalyst
When used as directed, the AnaeroGen sachet will reduce the oxygen level in the jar to below 1% within 30 minutes.
The resulting carbon dioxide level will be between 9% and 13%.
AnaeroGen was used in methodology for detecting bifidobacteria in meat and meat products in an investigation into the suitability of these organisms as indicators of faecal contamination.
Stains & Reagents
- Easy to use: crush the ampule, invert, and dispense
- Extended shelf life and room temperature storage
- Quick and easy dispensing of individual drops
- Multiple stains and reagents available
BactiDrop™ Acridine Orange
BactiDrop™ Calcofluor White BactiDrop™ Desoxycholate BactiDrop™ Dobell & O’Connor Iodine
BactiDrop™ Ferric Chloride BactiDrop™ India Ink BactiDrop™ Indole, Ehrlich’s BactiDrop™ Indole, Kovacs BactiDrop™ Lactophenol Aniline Blue
BactiDrop™ Lugol’s Iodine
BactiDrop™ Nitrate A BactiDrop™ Nitrate B BactiDrop™ Oxidase BactiDrop™ Potassium Hydroxide
BactiDrop™ PYR BactiDrop™ Spot Indole BactiDrop™ Voges-Proskauer A BactiDrop™ Voges-Proskauer B
TWIRL’EM LARGE FORMAT
WATER SAMPLING KIT
CAPP ecopipette™ Unique Advantages:
- Lockable volume controller requires 50% fewer turns
- Display is fully visible during hand-held operations
- Reduced force requirement for aspiration and blow-out
- The only pipette with fixed and variable exchangeable counter-mechanism
- Large pad for easy tip ejection
- Fully autoclavable pipette body (no disassembly required)
- Double O-rings for optimal tip seal
- Compatible with all major pipette tip brands
- Robust design includes metal tip base
- Lowest incidence of breakage resulting from accidental dropping or tip mounting
CAPP AERO96 MULTICHANNEL PIPETTE
The CAPPAero96 Multichannel Pipette guarantees single channel accuracy and precision across all channels due to the special design and construction of the CAPP piston assembly.
The incredibly robust and fully autoclavable pipette body offers easy maintenance, while the unique CAPP design with individually replaceable tip bases reduces the cost of what were once inevitable repairs.
- Exchangeable colour inserts for easy visual identification of pipettes by user or volume capacities
- Remarkably lightweight pipette chassis for its class for more comfortable pipette handling
- Counter-mechanism prevents accidental turning while pipetting
- Accurate liquid dispensing across all channels for repeatable results
- Durable build quality ensures chemical resistance, bump protection and thermal stability
- Long-term calibration retention, even after sterilising in an autoclave
- Each tip cone is universally compatible with tips from the most common brands
- Supplied with a standard two-year warranty
© 2021-2022 Scientific Biotech Specialties, Inc. All rights reserved.